From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Vortex motor delivers powerful grinding action and helps reduce jams
- Universal Xpress Mount for easy installation
- SoundSHIELD designed to help deaden sound
- Comes with pre-installed power cord
Moen GX50C 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal GX Series
Tackle everyday food scraps and keep your sink clean with the Moen GX50C 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal. This dependable garbage disposal delivers fast grinding action up to 2,600 RPM with the high-speed Vortex permanent magnet motor. It features the Universal Xpress Mount system which fits most three-bolt mounting assemblies with a simple twist-and-lock installation. The compact, streamlined design helps save space beneath your sink. SoundSHIELD sound insulation helps reduce noise without sacrificing performance.
What’s in the Box:
- Moen GX50C 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal
- Pre-installed power cord
- Removable splashguard
- Drain elbow and mounting assembly
- Sink flange
- Polished Stainless Drain stopper
Pre-Installed Power Cord
Save time and money with the pre-installed power cord. No need to hardwire or purchase a cord separately.
Powered by a High-Speed Vortex Motor
The Vortex motor is the powerhouse behind the GX50C Garbage Disposal’s exceptional grinding action. The Vortex permanent magnet motor operates at full speed the moment it is powered on, similar to many power tools. With speeds up to 2,600 RPM, the high-performance permanent magnet motor is designed to help reduce jamming.
Universal Xpress Mount Simplifies Installation
Compatible with most three-bolt mounting assemblies, the Universal Xpress Mount is quick and easy to install. Simply position the garbage disposal, twist it, and lock it into place. The compact, lighter weight design also makes for easier installation and frees up valuable space under your sink.
The garbage disposal’s SoundSHIELD is designed to help deaden the sounds levels of the powerful disposal motor at work.
Moen: Buy it for Looks. Buy it for Life.
Moen is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of plumbing supplies, faucets, showerheads, disposals and more. From finishes that are guaranteed to last a lifetime, to faucets that perfectly balance your water pressure, Moen sets the standard for exceptional performance and reliable, innovative design. For DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike, Moen products deliver performance you can trust — above and below the sink.
- 1/2 horsepower
- 2,600 RPM
- Stainless steel grind component material
- Continuous feed
- 9.25 lbs, 13-3/8” height, 7-1/2” width
- 1-1/2” drain connection size
- 7/8” dishwasher connection size
- 1/2” maximum sink thickness
- Compatible with most 3-bolt mounting assemblies
- 4-year limited warranty with in-home service
- Safe for properly sized septic tanks
Performance you can trust, above the sink and below.
1. Continuous Feed –Continuous grinding breaks down everyday kitchen scraps as long as the unit is powered on
2. Universal Xpress Mount –Fits all Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies, including InSinkErator brand.
3. Jams Less –2,600 RPM speed finely grinds food scraps to help reduce jams.
4. Vortex Motor –1/2 HP High-speed permanent magnet motor provides fast, powerful grinding to tackle tough kitchen scraps.
5. SoundSHIELD –Designed to help deaden the sound levels of the powerful disposal motor at work.
6. Power Cord Included –Save time and money with our pre-installed power cord. No need to hard wire or purchase cord separately.
|GX50C 1/2 hp||GXP50C PRO Series 1/2 hp||GXS75C 3/4 hp||GXL1000C 1 hp||GX75C 3/4 hp||GX100C 1 hp|
|Vortex Motor||2600 RPM||2600 RPM||2700 RPM||2800 RPM||2700 RPM||2800 RPM|
|Power Cord Included||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sink Drain flange finish||Polished Stainless Steel||Polished Stainless Steel||Polished Stainless Steel||Polished Stainless Steel||Polished Stainless Steel||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Grind Component Material||Stainless Steel||Galvanized Steel||Galvanized Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Limited Warranty (with in-house service)||4 year||3 year||5 year||10 year||6 year||7 year|